In this episode of Watch Time, we sit down again with Jim Cermak, host of the Trade Show University Podcast, and discuss the future of events now that some COVID19 restrictions are starting to get lifted. We asked Jim how video’s role has changed in virtual events since the beginning of the Pandemic in March 2020 up until now. Jim also gave us a great overview of some of the platforms and strategies being used by some the top dogs in the trade show world today.
Make sure to stick around until the end to get Jim’s predictions on the future of trade shows and how long you can expect to see virtual events. Grab a notebook, a cut a coffee, and get ready to get your PHD in trade show ROI from the master of trade show marketing, Jim Cermak!
Topics in this Episode:
- How has video in the event industry changed from March 2020 to May 2021?
- What advice Jim would give someone who is looking to host a virtual event or shift to creating virtual events.
- What are some ways you can make your events stand out and get remote participants more engaged?
- What advice Jim would give someone that is transitioning back to in person events from virtual events.
- What resources Jim recommends for someone in the trade show industry or someone trying to plan an event.
- Where is the trade show industry headed and what can we expect to see happen in 2021.
Links from this episode:
Trade Show University Podcast Episodes Referenced:
- Trade Show University Podcast Episode: Public Relations Masterclass with Josh Weiss
- Trade Show University Podcast Episode: Giving Presentations that Sizzle with Bridget McGowen
- Trade Show University Podcast Episode: Experiencing Live Events during the Pandemic with Danica Tormohlen
Learn more with Jim Cermak:
- Free 30-minute Discovery Call with Jim
- Jim Cermak’s Free Podcast Course
- Sign up for Jim’s newsletter and get a free gift
We want to hear from you!
Tell us what you want to hear us discuss on an upcoming episode. Kathie and Bill want to help you answer your video marketing questions. Do you hav a guest you want us to interview, or do you think you would make a great guest for the podcast? Email email@example.com with your questions and requests or feel free to direct message us on Flex Media’s Instagram.
Make sure to leave us some feedback on your podcast platform of choice. Please give us a rating and review and let us know how we are doing. Ratings and reviews allow other people to learn about the podcast and find out if it is a good fit for them.