In this episode of Watch Time, we interview video creator Nathan Rafter, who runs a video marketing agency in southern Florida. Nathan has years of experience producing videos and helping clients create social media and television ads that drive sales and convert viewers into customers. One thing that’s really interesting though is Nathan has been creating killer content for his clients using only GoPros. I took a look at Nathan’s work and let me tell you it’s the real deal.
So many people own action cameras like GoPros, so I thought it would be great to have Nathan on the podcast and learn more about his video production setup, his process, and what tips he has to help you create some great content using your action camera. One thing that we always tell clients when they first start off creating their own video content is to use the camera you have so if you have a GoPro, DJI Osmo Action, or any action camera Nathan’s going to enlighten you and let you know how you can start using your camera for more than just travel and snowboarding videos, and if you don’t own one and you’re looking for a camera to invest in, these cameras are affordable and a great option for you to get started with.
Nathan discusses in this episode how you can get started creating content with a solid GoPro video setup for around $500. Nathan’s setup will allow you to create higher quality videos and make the bonus is you don’t have to be a video pro to do it. Here is a list that Nathan sent us of the items that he discussed in the podcast.
- https://amzn.to/2XD6IRz – GoPro Hero 8 Action Camera With 2 Total Batteries, Two Sandisk 32GB Extreme MicroSD Cards, GoPro Shorty Tripod, Head Mount Strap, Camera Case, Card Reader, And Cleaning Cloth
- https://amzn.to/2Y8X2gT – GoPro Dual Battery Charger + Battery (HERO8 Black / HERO7 Black / HERO6 Black) – Official GoPro Accessory
- https://amzn.to/3h4TMeP – GoPro Media Mod (HERO8 Black) – Official GoPro Accessory (AJFMD-001)
- https://amzn.to/2A2zt1j – Rode Compact On-Camera Microphone With Rycote Lyre Shock Mount, Black (Videomicro) + 1 Year Extended Warranty
- https://amzn.to/2XGUdok – Rode Wireless Go – Compact Wireless Microphone System, Transmitter And Receiver
- https://amzn.to/3eWDItU – GoPro Light Mod (HERO8 Black) – Official GoPro Accessory, ALTSC-001
- https://amzn.to/3dNl6ws – YOUSHARES VideoMicro Windscreen Foam Filter – Wind Shield Deadcat Fits Rode VideoMic Me Me-L Compact Microphone (2 Pack)
- https://amzn.to/3h4Wy3J – Hosa YMM-232 3.5 MM TRS to Dual 3.5 MM TRSF Y Cable
- https://amzn.to/2Y9SmqX – GoPro Casey (Camera + Mounts + Accessories Case) – Official GoPro Accessory
- https://amzn.to/2AjyObK – A.S 3-In-1 Magnetic USB Cable, Fast Charging & Data Sync Cable With Diamond Led, Compatible With Micro USB I-Product And Type C Smartphones (1.6 FT,3.3 FT,6.6 FT Black)
- https://amzn.to/3fe9Fy9 – 2-In-1 Portable Charger RAVPower 6700 MAH External Battery Pack With Dual USB Wall Charger Compatible With iPhone 11/Pro/Max, Ipad, Android, Galaxy S9
- https://gopro.com/en/us/ – GoPro
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gravgrip/gravgrip-battery-free-camera-stabilization – GravGrip
- https://www.nathanrafter.com/ – Website
- https://www.facebook.com/nathanrafter – Facebook
- https://www.instagram.com/nathanrafterinc/ – Instagram
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanrafter/ – LinkedIn
- https://twitter.com/nathanrafter – Twitter
- https://www.youtube.com/user/nathanrafter – YouTube
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxTSmVtkMrci_Cs2BRXRKdoxWevgzpKyV Nathan’s work created with the GoPro 5 and GoPro 8.
**Photos and a video of Nathan’s GoPro Rig coming soon**
Nathan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for him to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This podcast was not paid for by outside persons or manufacturers. No gear was supplied to him for this podcast. The content of this podcast and his opinions were not reviewed or paid for by any outside persons.