It’s still early in 2020, and I’m sure no one could have predicted the Pandemic that the world is currently facing with the threat of Coronavirus. Many businesses have transitioned to remote working and there are many businesses closed until the spread of this virus can be slowed down. Even though things may look meek for the health of many and our global economy that doesn’t mean that you should just sit and stream movies or play video games with all of your free time. It may sound cliche but when life gives you lemons make lemonade or Arnold Palmers.
At the end of last year, Kathie and I decided to create a podcast. Podcasts are extremely popular right now and presented a great opportunity for us to continue our mission to help teach business owners, marketers, and salespeople about video marketing. Our podcast Watch Time just published its fourth episode labeled “How to use your downtime to become a better video marketer.” If you haven’t heard the podcast please check it out and subscribe for more video marketing tips, tricks, and interviews with experts in their fields. While this Pandemic continues Kathie and I plan to record our podcast remotely and produce two episodes a week. That way you have something to listen to in your downtime.
If you want to learn more about video marketing and take advantage of your time working for home or time sitting at home waiting for work to resume, here is a list of resources that we discussed on the podcast for you to check out.
- Video Ranking Academy – Sean Cannell, Think Media
- Video Shooter Academy – Caleb Pike, DSLR Video Shooter
- Hootsuite Academy
- Hubspot Academy
Books to Check out
- Building a Story Brand
- YouTube Secrets
- Little Red Book of Selling
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
- E-Myth Revisited
- Copy Writing Secrets
- The Freelancers Bible
Listen to a podcasts
- Social Media Examiner/Social Media Marketing Talk Show
- The Engage Video Marketing Podcast
- Video Marketing Mastery
- Story Brand
- Sell or Die
Video Marketing Strategy Resources
- Online Entrepreneurs Video Strategy Blueprint – Ben Amos
- The Customer Journey – Vertical Measures
- Hubspot Resources
- Content Calendars
- Buyer Persona Blueprints
- Plus many more you can download
Work On Your Social Media Channels
- Look at your Analytics and learn how to read them.
- Create more content for your channels.
- Come up with ideas and schedule shoot times for when you will create content.
- Interact with your audience on social media and create polls to find out what they want.
- Comment on other people’s questions, give expert advice and be helpful.
Experiment with live video
- Look into live streaming with your phone, webcam, or camera
- Upcoming Watch Time episode coming soon – 03/31/2020
- OBS Software (free open broadcast software)
- Hardware/software to look at
- Try streaming with your phone and see what it’s like to go live.
- What response did you get?
- What should you consider next time?
- Do you want to get more advanced?
- People need content right now so don’t be afraid to create!
Attend Webinars/Conferences Virtually
- Here are a few webinars that Bill attended in the last two weeks
We want to hear from you! If there is a topic that you want us to talk about on our podcast or on one of our video series please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. If you need us for anything please feel free to reach out. We are all in this together! Be well, everyone.